Not since we have won the Wilk anti-trust case, has there been such overt evidence of political medicine attempting to control and eliminate competition with the chiropractic profession.
- May2014, the FMCSA established its National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners (NRCME).
- Since 2014 all DOT physical examinations for commercial drivers must be performed by qualified Certified Medical Examiners (CMEs).
- CME Doctors of Chiropractic have been listed on the National Registry along with qualified MDs, DOs, PAs, and APNs.
- In recent history a similar challenge occurred in another state - the outcome was that chiropractors are more than qualified to perform DOT physicals!
- Outside political influence to deny our legal right to perform these physical exams.
- June 2016, State of New York and FMCSA take away our legal right as NY Doctors of Chiropractic, Certified Medical Examiners to perform these physicals.
- Scope of practice is challenged.
- For commercial drivers, with fewer CMEs available to perform these exams, they may face higher costs for the exam.
PETITIONING GOVERNOR ANDREW CUOMO
Please sign the petition to allow Chiropractor to continue to perform DOT Exams in New York.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Donate today to support coalition efforts.
- Stand with us to protect our legal rights.
Donate $250 || Donate $500 || Donate $1000 || Donate $100 || Donate $50 || Donate $25
© Safe Drivers, Safe Roads Coalition, 2016.